Julian Shakespeare’s Coward-Julius Caesar directed by Konstantinos Hatzis
From the 20th of December, for a limited number of performances, William Shakespeare will play the theatrical play “Corollano – Julius Caesar”. This is a theatrical performance that will be presented at the Theater of Cyclades “Lefteris Vogiatzis”, directed by Konstantinos Hatzis.
Few words about the “Coriolan – Julius Caesar” project
“Now you can calm Caesar, I did not kill you so much”
In the wake of Shakespeare’s poetry, Konstantinos Hatzis wants to explore the issue of power and how he corrupts the people and especially those who practice it. They deal with these two great works, Korellanos and Julius Caesar, making them a single show.
In Korellan, we see how popular power uses its means and power to gain rights and exterminate a potential tyrant while in July Caesar how the aristocratic class kills a popular and charismatic leader not to become an emperor.
It is difficult to approach such great issues of concern to mankind, but the contact with the Shakespearean speech and the need to speak with their own words through this process arming the actors with energy, passion, appetite for life, joy and creation, and “takes us on the road”.
Shakespeare’s Coryllan – Julius Caesar is presented at the Theater of Cyclades “Lefteris Vogiatzis” Directional note
Konstantinos Hatzis is a director and founder of the Color group. He has performed many performances since 2008. In his resume he collaborates with Leda Protopsalti, Lydia Koniordou, Aglaia Pappa, Roumpini Vasilakopoulou and Maria Katsandri. He directed the show Agamemnon. Aeschylus / Euripides, a stitch on Aeschylus ‘”Agamemnon” and Euripides’ Iphigenia in Avlidis. His latest work is Gull of A. Chekhov at the Art Theater.
- Adaptation-Performance-Direction: Konstantinos Hatzis
- Motion editing – Choreography: Christina Vassilopoulou
- Dressage: Miranda Dempsey
- Stage design: Lia Asvestas
- Assistant Director: Iason Nikiteas
- Music Composition – Song: Alexandros Mentis
- Starring: Sofia Philippidou, Aglaia Pappa, Giorgos Papapavlou, Konstantina Takkalou, Electra Nikolouzou, Nikolas Chanakoulas, Vassilis Tsigristaris, Giannis Papadopoulos, Andrianos Gatsos, Spyros Douros, Aris Delia and Lydia Skouraki
- Contact person: Nicole Votsi
- Photos: Karol Jarek, Orfanidis Giannis
- Video: Amie Makris, Elena Kontela
- Make Up Video / Photography: IEK AKMI (Papadopoulou Stella, Boula Stella, Asimosi Georgia)
- Production: Color group – new SCENE
- Production Direction: Konstantina Angeletou
- Production Assistant: Elli Fameliaris
- Based on the translations of: Minos Volanakis-Michael Cacoyannis
- Location: Theater of Cyclades “Lefteris Vogiatzis”
- Address: Cyclades 11 Athens
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Premiere: Thursday 20 December 2018
- Days and times: Wednesday (20.00), Thursday, Friday and Saturday (21.00) and Sunday (20.00)
- Tickets: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 15 Euro (regular) / 10 Euro (reduced for students and over 65) / 8 Euro (unemployed), Saturday: 18 Euros / 12 Euros (reduced for students and over 65 and unemployment), Sunday: 16 Euro (regular) / 12 Euro (reduced for students and over 65 and unemployment)
- Tickets pre-sale: https://www.viva.gr/tickets/theater/theatro-odou-kikladon/korialanos-kai-ioulios-kaisaras/
- facebook page